LG Signage Design Competition
- 1. LEGAL TERMS: By submitting an Entry (as defined herein) to the LG Signage Design Competition(the "Competition"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following legal terms ("Official Rules") which constitute a binding agreement between you, on one hand, and the Sponsors (defined below), on the other. THIS COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND NO FEE OR PURCHASE IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
- SPONSOR; ADMINISTRATOR: The Competition is administered by LG Electronics Gulf FZE ("Administrator"), located at Dubai, UAE having trade license No 1473 referred to as "Competition Sponsors" or "Sponsors."
- COMPETITION DATES: The Competition commences April 12, 2017 and ends on the date specified on the Competition Website. It can be extended as per Sponsor’s choice and sole consent.
- GENERAL INFORMATION: Participation is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations of UAE. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Multiple Entries are permitted as per clause 6 herein after. Each Entry (as defined herein) will be reviewed independently. Multiple individuals or entities may collaborate to submit a single Entry, but a single individual must be designated as an official representative for each Entry. You are responsible for i) checking applicable laws and regulations in your jurisdiction before participating in the Competition to make sure that your participation is permitted under the law, ii) for abiding by your employer's policies regarding participation in the Competition, iii) for all taxes due and all reporting responsibility related to any award you may receive as part of the Competition, and iv) for understanding and complying with all third party intellectual property rights for the materials submitted. Sponsors expressly disclaim any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between you and your employer or any third party related to this Competition, any violation of law due to your participation, and any tax liability related to your award. Sponsor reserves the right to limit or exclude any person from participation in the Competition who fails to comply with the terms contained herein. All registration information is deemed to be provided and collected in UAE.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open to all individuals over the age of eighteen (18). Employees and family members of Sponsors and any of their respective affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible to enter this Competition. You could be of any nationality but should be a valid GCC national or residents.
You are solely responsible for all hardware, software, and internet service connections and any service fees associated with such access necessary to submit file your submission as well as all costs incurred by you or on your behalf to participate in the Competition. Final decision if you are eligible or not, is a sole consent of Sponsor.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must first enter your details on lgsignagedesign.com
All of the registration information that you provide is collectively referred to as your "Account." At
the Competition Website you will find further instructions and the required Response Form. You must submit your completed proposal (hereinafter your "Entry" and referenced interchangeably as your "proposal," "submission" and/or "response" on the Competition Website and in Response Form) using the Response Form and follow the instructions provided on the Response Form. By submitting your Entry, you formally accept these Official Rules for this Competition.
Each registrant is referred to as an "Entrant" in these Official Rules and as "Entrant” or "Respondent" on the Competition Website.
All Entries must be in English and attachments may be submitted in .pdf, .xls, .xlsx, .doc, docx, ppt, or .pptx formats. Links to publicly available online videos (e.g., YouTube) or other sites can be included in your Entry. There is a maximum limit of 10 MB for your complete Entry, including attachments.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that all required fields have been completed and all information in your Account is correct and accurate. Your registration may be rejected or terminated and all Entries submitted by you may be disqualified if any of the information in your Account is (or the Sponsors have reasonable grounds to believe it is) incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate. You are solely responsible for your Account.
Sponsors are not responsible for (a) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, incorrect or misdirected Entries or other communication; (b) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in the transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission systems; or (c) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of your Account or the Entry materials. Sponsors are not responsible for electronic communications received on social media or for emails which are undeliverable for any reason, including as a result of any form of active or passive filtering or insufficient space in any account to receive the electronic communication.
Sponsors reserve the right to modify, remove or add data to the Competition Website. Sponsors also reserve the right to extend or modify the dates of the Competition and/or Entry submission dates. Entrants are urged to consult the Competition Website regularly during the Competition.
Sponsors shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to remove from the Competition Website any blog comment or social media posting related to the Competition, at any time and for any reason.
BY REGISTERING FOR THE COMPETITION, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSORS, AND WARRANTING THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION. IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT ALL OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT AN ENTRY TO THE COMPETITION. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU PRINT A COPY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES FOR YOUR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Entry means: LG Electronics invites Design Proposals using LG’s revolutionary products : Flexible Open Frame OLED & Ultra Stretch Displays that expand visual options for enterprise world. Each “Entry” would be classified as a one design submission in any of the below 4 categories –
- OLED Signage Design Award
- Ultra Stretch Signage Design Award
- Dubai Dream Signage Design Award
- Vertical Vision Signage Design Award
Multiple Entry means: Applicants can apply for multiple award categories with a different design submission but only a single submission is allowed per category .Only one entry per applicant per category is allowed and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified.
For detailed Submission criteria refer to www.lgsignagedesign.com
- COMPETITION OBJECTIVE: LG Electronics Gulf FZE, invites Design proposals using LG Next-Generation, Flexible Open Frame OLED and Ultra Stretch LCD Digital Signage Solutions
that expand visual options for enterprises worldwide.
- ENTRY EVALUATION CRITERIA: Entrants will submit Entries per the instructions on the Competition Website. Entries will serve as an introduction to Entrant's proposed technical approaches, or uses and their background and expertise in the area. Approaches at conceptual stages of maturity are of interest.
Entries should broadly address the following (BUT MUST NOT INCLUDE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION):
- Theme & Concept of Design
- Highlights the use of LG OLED Open Frame or Ultra Stretch or both
How the design enhances user experience
- Design if fabricated redefines the user space and adds value for end–customer (25%)
- Prospective marketability and practicality of design & propose key sites (25%)
Entries will be evaluated using Entry Evaluation Criteria (defined herein). Up to four (4) of the most promising Entries will be selected as award winners (“Award Winners”). Award Winners will receive a $25,000 cash award each .
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: By submitting an Entry and participating in this Competition, you are irrevocably granting Sponsors all rights under any patents or pending patent applications related to the uses and technical approaches described in your Entry as set forth in these Official Rules. Further, because your Entry may be considered a public disclosure limiting your ability to subsequently file for patent protection, you are advised to seek legal counsel on this point as may be necessary.
BY ACCEPTING THE CASH AWARD, YOU THEREBY AGREE TO EXECUTE A CONFIDENTIALITY/NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT DIRECTED TO ALL FUTURE DISCUSSIONS REGARDING YOUR ENTRY AS DESCRIBED BELOW.
Your submission of an Entry and participation in this Competition, grants Sponsors certain rights. Upon submission, you agree to transfer the ownership of the Entry and thereby grant to the Sponsors a royalty free, exclusive, irrevocable license to use any information, concepts, inventions, approaches, technology, designs or drawings arising from or in your Entry materials, whether or not protected by patent or copyright or other intellectual property rights, for the purpose of review, testing and/or conducting experimental proof of concept tests as may be required in Sponsor’s sole opinion to determine the commercial and technical feasibility of the Entry in order to determine a Winner.
By participating in the competition, you hereby grant to LG Electronics Gulf FZE a royalty-free, irrevocable exclusive right and license to all copyrights in your Entry for any use whatsoever with the right to modify, edit, and make derivative works.
You agree that nothing in the Official Rules grants you any right or license to use of any intellectual property of Sponsors, including without limitation the Sponsor’s patents, trademarks or service
marks. Your submission thereby grants to Sponsors the limited right to include your company name (if your Entry is from a company) as an Entrant on the Competition Website and in materials related to Sponsors promotion of the Competition. Other than for these uses, you are not granting Sponsors any rights to your trademarks.
- BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP: The intent of the Competition is to encourage people to suggest their uses and approaches to Sponsors. Participation in this Competition and acceptance of the cash award does not create an obligation on either your part or Sponsor's part to enter into any business relationship or to sign any commercial agreement in the future. Prior to acceptance of the cash award, you are free to discuss your Entry with other parties and you are free to contract with any third party provided you do not sign any agreement or undertake any obligations that conflict with any agreement that you have entered into or subsequently enter into with the Sponsor regarding your Entry.
- PRIVACY:By entering this Competition, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsors will have access to and use of any personal data provided in connection with your Entry for purposes as described in these Official Rules and as governed by LG Electronics Gulf Fze. You further agree that Sponsors may share this data in connection with your Entry with designated third parties for purposes as described in these Official Rules.
- WARRANTIES:By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that all information in your Entry and all information that you submit via the Competition Website is true and complete to the best of your knowledge, that you have the right and authority to submit the Entry and disclose the information therein on your own behalf or on behalf of the persons and entities that you specify within the Entry, and that your Entry (both the information and materials submitted in the Entry and the underlying approaches, information, technology and all materials contained in or described in the Entry):
(a) is your own original work and representative of your capability, or is submitted by permission with full and proper credit given within your Entry;
(b) does not contain confidential information or trade secrets (yours or anyone else's);
(c) does not violate or infringe upon the patent rights, industrial design rights, copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
(d) does not contain malicious code, such as viruses, malware, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially harmful programs;
(e) does not and will not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, rule, or regulation or any agreement with a third party;
(f) does not trigger any obligation to any third party, and
(g) does not contain any information falling within the import or export control laws and
A breach of any warranty set out above will result in the corresponding Entry being invalidated. In addition, you agree to indemnify Sponsors against all loss, damages and costs incurred by Sponsors arising from your breach of any such warranty.
- 14. EVALUATION: Entries will be evaluated based on compliance with Entry Criteria Guidelines.
ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSORS WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS COMPETITION.
AWARDS: In July, 2017, Sponsors will select a maximum of four (4) respondents as Award Winners. The selection of Award Winners will be at Sponsors sole discretion.
All Award Winners will be notified by the e-mail address provided in the Entry. Return of any notification as "undeliverable" will result in disqualification. All Award Winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules and Sponsors reserve the right to examine Entries for compliance with the Competition Rules. Award Winners will be subject to all applicable laws and regulations and may be disqualified if found to be ineligible under any applicable law or regulation.
After verification of eligibility and receipt of the requisite documents, awards will be distributed to the official representative specified in the winning Entry. Such official representative will have sole responsibility for further distribution of any cash award among participants in a group Entry or within a company or institution that has submitted an Entry. No substitution or transfer of awards is permitted and Sponsor will only award the individual designated as the lead for each Entry.
This is a voluntary contest of skill and innovation and no fee is required to enter. Whether or not your Entry is selected as an Award Winner depends on how your Entry compares to the other Entries submitted in the Competition when evaluated based on the Evaluation Criteria within the sole judgment of the Sponsors. All awards are final and this is a one-time offer. There is no offer of a license, royalty, or other financial compensation implied beyond the award described above. Each Award Winner is responsible for all tax reporting obligations and all tax payments as applicable.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Competition, you agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsors and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, "Sponsor Entities") from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind (including attorneys' fees) resulting from or arising out of your participation in, association with, or submission to the Competition (including any claims alleging that your Entry infringes, misappropriates, or violates any third party's intellectual property rights). Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any technical failures related to communication or submission failures, such as unavailable networks or server connections; other failures related to hardware, software, viruses, or incomplete, late or misdirected Entries. Any compromise to the fair, proper and legal conduct of this Competition may result in the disqualification of an Entry, the termination of the Competition, or other remedial or legal action at the sole discretion of Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to extend or modify the dates of the Competition and to change the terms of the Official Rules governing any phase or portion thereof. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and acknowledge that all decisions of Sponsors, and their respective agents and representatives are final and binding in all respects.
- NO OBLIGATION: You acknowledge that multiple participants may submit Entries that contain designs, concepts, approaches, or technologies similar to your Entry and that the Sponsor, and/or its respective subsidiaries and business partners may already be investigating or developing technical solutions or have business activities that are related to or similar to those disclosed in your Entry. You acknowledge and agree that Sponsor's actions with respect to another Entry or one of its own solutions, investigations, or business activities, even if similar to your Entry, shall not create any liability, of any kind, by Sponsor to you or others. Further, Sponsor is not or shall not be restricted in any way from pursuing, developing, or commercializing, in any way that they see fit, independent of you and at its sole discretion, any activity or technology that is created independent of your Entry. For the avoidance of doubt, you acknowledge that Sponsor is not obligated to take any action whatsoever with regard to your Entry.
- SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision was not contained herein.
- WAIVER: By entering the Competition, you thereby waive all rights to seek injunctive or equitable relief, or to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or attorneys' fees against Sponsors or their affiliates, employees, agents or representatives.
- APPLICABLE LAW: You agree that these terms and the relationship between you and Sponsors shall be governed and construed under the laws of the UAE.